[AJD] JD B flywheel crank

BetCleve321 at aol.com BetCleve321 at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 12:34:34 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/25/2004 2:00:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
deanvp at att.net writes:

This is  a legit part. I own one of them that I picked up at the Postma
Auction.  This shows up in the B Repair Catalog as B1615r but isn't shown in
PC330.  This wheel can be used on all tractors which have an open flywheel
and  which are also electric start such as my 1940 Slant Dash B and my  early
1947 Slant Dash A. B1606R Flywheel crank ratchet is on all those  type
flywheels.

See pictures of the one I found  at:

http://public.fotki.com/deanvp/reference/starting_wheel_b1615r/

I had one for my 41 electric start B. It was a standard steering wheel with
a pin in the center to engage the flywheel. I believe this pin could be used
in  the tractors own wheel but mine had the extra wheel.
By the way , would this be a slant dash "B"?

Skip