[AT] tri-axle trailer question

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 16:46:39 PST 2004

Just another note on the GCW rating.  If it is not listed on the truck
plate, then it is the towing capacity plus the GVW rating.  Different rear  end
ratios, and different engine combinations will result in different towing
capacities.  The late models list GCW and GVW.  I tag my truck for the  maximum GCW
so that I am legal if I am towing a heavy load.

A note on Pintle Hitches.  Most are rated for 5000 lbs tongue  weight.  I
just bought 2 about a month ago that are rated 20K with a 5K  tongue weight and
they are not that heavy.  A lot of weight on 4 ea 1/2  inch bolts...

I thought it was a uniform law that required you to have a
CDL if you  went over 27000 lbs.........  That is what the DOT requirement
is....

Cecil in OKla