[AT] Tractor wiring

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Nov 17 13:50:58 PST 2004

George:

You be correct. Fine strand electronics wire should be used for the wiring
on our tractors primarily for two reasons: Easier to work with and is much
more flexible to take into account flexing and vibration.

Normal household 120V or 220V #12 or #14 gauge solid core wire is not
appropriate for use in this environment.

Tractor lights are about 40W I believe so at 12 Volts the current is only
about 3 to 4 amps. 20 amps is about the highest current anywhere except for
the starter to solenoid to battery cable. That requires a #2 or larger
stranded cable. Welding cable works pretty good.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com