[AJD] The new Lindeman's are home

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 20:08:06 PST 2004

After going out to Seabeck, Wa.  yesterday to pick up
an block, head and pistons the Huff's brought back
from John Beohn (sp?)  in california yestureday
(Thanks John they are exactly as I thought they would
be)  I made time today to pick up two of my three
latest JD purchases.

    The 'complete' lindeman was the first to come
home.  The previous owner had it up an a small trailer
with the TH final and track off.   He decided to throw
in the trailer rather than take it off.   That poor
old trailer barely made it the 5 miles home,  but it
did make it.  The tractor is loose,  looks to be in
decent shape.  I am missing an idle needle and the mag
needs some TLC but I think I should be able to get it
running quickly.  All of the parts turned up for the
disassembled final,  so I am in need of assembly
directions of they can be had.  The serial number tag
is pretty rusty,  but I made out the sn to be 334296.
I could be wrong on the 2,  I am going to remove the
tag tomorrow and see if I can gently clean it up a bit
more.

    The 'parts' tractor,  is missing the radiator,
Mag, Carb,  Air cleaner,  finals, tracks, and front
idlers.  The sn tag is illegiable and disitigrated
when we tried to clean it up.   I guess I'll never
know.   I am going to attempt to put it back together
too,  but I suspect it will take a few years.

    The AN will hopefully come home in the next few
weeks,  weather permitting us to get it out of the
place he has it now.. I'm not terribly exicted about
getting it,  but I had to bu it to get the Lindeman's.

     I forgot the digital camera today,  too bad,  I
would have had a great picture of the parts machine
hanging from the crane with all the water pouring ot
of the crankcase and tranny when I picked it off the
trailer he had it sitting on.  I'll take pictures
tomorrow and post them.

      Anyone with Lindeman knowledge I now officially
want to be your friend,  I am definately going to need
help putting that one final back together..  and of
course there's the parts I need too.   I know of two
other lindeman's in the area,   I think I am going to
try and buy at least one more.

                  Chris