[AT] Shop heating

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 15:25:00 PST 2004

> Yep Al,  I know Tharrington made tobacco curring burners.  Dual Therm (I was thinking it was duo therm but not sure) probably did to.   A friend of mine bought a brand new Ashley heater in the '80's.  It was a cabinet similar to the oil pot heaters we are discussing but it was a wood heater.  I was surprised that he could get it.  There was an old HVAC dealer here in town that still handled them and probably the pot type oil heaters too.  He is now out of business.  If I were looking for one I think I'd try to find an old furniture store or old hardware store and ask the proprietor.  I suspect if you went looking at a heating and AC place in eastern NC they would laugh at you.
>
> Charlie

	Farm stores like Central Tractor have them in this area. Some
country folks still heat that way. I don't know if the old style pot
burners are legal in all states any more or if using them could affect
your fire insurance. Best to check these days to be sure. I used to have
one on an old farm I owned at one time in western New York and I think
we have a DuoTherm out in one of the sheds but it hasn't been used in
over 25 years. Probably all rusted out by now. We had one on the farm
in Minnesota too when I was a kid. Had to fill the tank with kerosene
from the barrel out in the yard about once a day. Once we moved into
the new house with central heat, that was the last we saw of that old
kerosene burner on the MN farm.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson