[AT] Shop heating

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Nov 12 15:08:31 PST 2004

Yep Al,  I know Tharrington made tobacco curring burners.  Dual Therm (I was
thinking it was duo therm but not sure) probably did to.   A friend of mine
bought a brand new Ashley heater in the '80's.  It was a cabinet similar to
the oil pot heaters we are discussing but it was a wood heater.  I was
surprised that he could get it.  There was an old HVAC dealer here in town
that still handled them and probably the pot type oil heaters too.  He is
now out of business.  If I were looking for one I think I'd try to find an
old furniture store or old hardware store and ask the proprietor.  I suspect
if you went looking at a heating and AC place in eastern NC they would laugh
at you.

Charlie