[AT] Jap tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Nov 7 10:28:01 PST 2004

The New Holland tractor and farm equipment dealership where I used to
work until this June was an authorized Yanmar dealer for excavators and
loaders, and they were well supported. But aside from filters, they
rarely needed any servicing. The machines we sold differed slightly from
the Japanese versions in having US specified ROPS and other safety
hardware and markings. The excavators were nice to operate - virtually
every operation, except track movement and boom swing (foot pedals), was
done with two joysticks and very light on the touch. I was told the
engines were similar to the JD compact tractor engines, but I don't know
about the rest of the JD running gear. We had a few requests for parts
for Yanmar tractors but were unable to locate any (although the parts
guys didn't try at all after they found that the machines were gray market).

Mike