[Ford-ferguson] NAA lift problem

RUSSGMAN at aol.com RUSSGMAN at aol.com
Sat Nov 6 17:32:24 PST 2004

I had a similar problem. Wound up replacing the piston rings on the Ram
piston/ram cylinder assembly.  While you've got it open consider replacing the
bypass valve as they can also go bad and do something similar.  As I recall the N
Magazine had a very good article on rebuilding hydro. and I think it would be
a good read for anyone who is having problems.  If you see oil around the
outside of the lift cover where it bolts to the body of the tractor you have oil
spraying somewhere inside the lift cover and it's not supposed to do that. More
than likely a Ram piston /ram cylinder leak which would be fixed with new
Piston Rings on the ram piston. The cost is not bad at all.  Got my rings from
New Holland as well as a new by-pass valve.  The valve is outside the pump.

Russ Davis
'50 Redbelly