[AT] Congratulate my new Buddy

two4ac at earthlink.net two4ac at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 5 22:15:50 PST 2004

My Grandfather had a JD "A" that he paid $500 for, about five years ago.
The story goes that the guy sold it because the engine was stuck.  Here's
the kicker.  My uncle broke the engine free with a bar before they could get
another tractor over to pull it.  Grandpa drove it home.  I don't really
care for green myself, but a deal like that you can't pass up.  My Grandpa
always had farmed with AC and toward the end when he couldn't tell you what
he had for breakfast he could still tell me about the day, Dec. 15 1940,
when the had a brand new AC "B", just like mine, delivered to their farm.  I
really miss that man.

David D. Gibson
1941 Allis Chalmers B
1942 Allis Chalmers C