SV: gas $ (was Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Wed Nov 3 20:29:24 PST 2004

Actually there was some information on the news about
President Bush ordering the national oil reserve to be
filled to capacity which I believe is 700 million
barrels. Right now or at the time of the article the
reserve was at 670 million barrels. It said that the
head of OPEC had contacted the White House asking for
Bush to dip into the reserve to "cool" the oil market.
His response was no. The theory is that while they are
filling the reserve the production is at maximum
capacity due to the hurricanes taking out some of the
off shore rigs and them being off line for so long.
OPEC feels that if Bush uses the reserve to cool the
market we won't look towards alternative energy since
we will be happy paying around $2.00 a gallon. If
the price keeps going up we look towards bio fuels.
This would be a wind fall for the ag industry in the
US. Supply and demand rules say that when the reserve
is full and the production is still maxed out and the
off shore rigs come back on line the price will drop.
Not good for OPEC. They like the idea of being right
on the edge of maximum production which keeps the
price up. Maybe our President is crazy like a fox.

Rob