[AJD] Plow - Again

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Nov 3 06:46:21 PST 2004

Here is another plow I am looking at.   While I would prefer a two bottom
plow, people with budgets can't be too choosey.  Also this one is closer to
me by a pretty good bit.  He wants $350.  The mold board looks repaired but
otherwise appears to be a nice plow.   I doubt I could get him any lower
than $300-325.  The price is more in line with my budget, but as you folks
may remember, I was also looking at  a 2 bottom, 12" #51 that was $500.   I
don't know, but an extra $200 for an unbroken, uncommon, two bottom plow
seems worth it when I look at what else is available.

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album19&
id=P1010044

Also, what do mold boards for 16" plows run at the swap meets?   No sense
buying a plow for $300 and then having to buy a $100 mold board to make it
right.  If a mold board runs $25, then that is a different matter.

What do you all think of this plow?

PS:  Dean, I think you said you had one of these??

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net