[Farmall] Loader for 340 U

PAUL W SIGMUND pwsigmund at verizon.net
Tue Nov 2 18:28:48 PST 2004

I just purchased a 340 U, with the intention of finding a loader for it.  It
has power steering and hydraulics.  I'm restoring an old farmhouse and barn
on a small piece of land that has been neglected, and my back is getting too
old for moving the logs and rocks.  So at least part of the help has
arrived.

Seems to me that the safest  installation is to stick with IH, but I've
heard of IH 2000, 1700, 1500, etc. loaders.  Can someone help me understand
the differences and recommend which one(s) may be the best choice to fit and
work with a 340U?

Thanks