[Steam-engine] News Regarding "Surviving World Steam" for November 2004

James Hefner james1 at pernet.net
Tue Nov 2 14:26:19 PST 2004

The "Surviving World Steam" project is documenting the last of the
world's remaining steam locomotives, ships, boats, vehicles, and
reciprocating pumps in the form of searchable databases and digital
photographs. Roughly 32,000 steam engines in 158 countries and 3,000
photographs are included in the Surviving World Steam project.

Instead of the usual text newsletter, I have put together a webpage with
the latest news on the project.  It includes tables and graphs that show
the top ten steam builders so far, the number and type of steam engines
built by year, links to more details, and other factoids.  It is at:

    http://www.survivingworldsteam.com/news.htm

I hope you all enjoy it, and thank you for your support.

-James Hefner
 Hebrews 10:20a