[AJD] JD 60 Upper Water Pipe problem solved

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 2 20:13:33 PST 2004

I finally found a scrap piece of 2 7/8" OD conduit to use as a replacement
for the rusted out upper pipe. I spent way too much time trying to find it
though. Was able to locate suppliers finally for 10' sections 2 1/2" ID 2
7/8" conduit but then I might just as well pay the $57 to JD. Turned into a
mission to find someone with a scrap piece. Found a place today that had the
thick wall galvanized version. A rental yard that caters to the electrical
contracting trade. Price FREE, cut to length and chamfered. Such a deal! I
gave the guy a $5.00 tip. Big spender here!  :-)

Even though this is thick wall conduit the ID is still no less than the ID
of the two cast elbows so I don't expect any noticeable water flow
restriction. Plus I can truly guarantee it will last longer than the
original pipe or the tractor it is going on for that matter.

The only way I can justify the time I spent finding this is: now I know
where I can get this kind of pipe if needed again. Plus I got to meet some
nice people.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door