[AT] Farmall A? question

Ivan Cousins ivancou at usachoice.net
Sun May 30 18:38:50 PDT 2004

Terry , According to Guy Fay the B was produced starting in 1940, shared the
serial # with the A  .   B + BN first year production was 12,764 .   1940
serial # started with 6744  and went to 41499 .
 The dzus was used on the early ones as was the choke cable kill switch .
Just exactly when they switched  I don't know . I've heard of them on some
of the 40
s  .  Your # fits in as a 40 .  Casting codes can put it to an approximate
yr .   The B should have a code on the engine a few inches under the mag.
The format is month-day-  yr   so yours should end with the letter J .
 Ever had the governor apart ?  There is a spring in the end of the governor
gear with a pin that fits inside and pushes up against a button on the
housing .  Or do you have the type with the pin that is pressed into the
housing ?   Dont know the significance  but there is a difference .  Sure
makes the parts guys shake their heads .    Ivan