[AT] OT memorial

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat May 29 07:02:07 PDT 2004

Out of the 3 Uncles of mine who were in the service in WW II 2 are still
alive they were both Navy and the 3rd was in the Merchant marines. He told me I
went in the MM thinking it was safer, big mistake I had 3 ships sunk out from
under me.  I guess my family was very Lucky as we did not loose anybody in
any war. I was in during the only piece time of the era 1958 to 1962 but I was
in the Laos action in 61 an earned the expeditionary medal so I was able to
join  the VFW this month due to changes that they made.  Up until then I was  a
non Vet, Vet and didn't get all of the bennies for my 4 years of service,
not that I am com[laining but It was just the luck of the Iris that  I served in
piece time between two wars.
Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361