[AT] Southeast Old Threshers' Reunion June 30th-July4th

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue May 25 07:37:45 PDT 2004

> It is probably the largest show in the Southeast.  There is a large
> showground, part of which is wooded but mostly open ground.  They will have
> a large selection of tractors, stationary engines and steam traction and
> stationary engines on display plus plenty of vendors selling parts.  There
> is also a steam train that you can ride around the perimeter.  There are
> several permanent displays set up.   If they do as normal, they will have
> plowing and threshing demonstrations both by steam and by horsepower.
>
> It is a good show but since it is in July, be prepared for hot weather.  The
> show is located in Denton, NC which is very near Asheboro which is in the
> center of the state.
>
> Gerald
> Western, NC

	I just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC and am glad to be
back where it cools off at night. ;-)

	Your mention of the Denton show brought back a memory of that show
when I had a chance to go there one time in the early 1990s. It was really
hot - up in the upper 90s, not a breath of air and bright hot sun with no
clouds. What really impressed me though is the man back in the big pit they
have for heavy equipment actually running a steam shovel in that heat. It
was a wonder he didn't get a heat stroke. The woods area where all the flea
market and swap stuff was located was a blessing that day. I would like to
get back to that show some day as it was a good one in spite of the heat.
I'll watch the weather and if there is ever a forecast to cool weather, I'll
be there.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson