[AT] The Portland Swap Meet

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun May 16 12:37:22 PDT 2004

>     Hi Cecil;
>     I would have answered sooner, but I have been in the shop working on
> my best buy at Portland. A guy came to me about a Case 644 compact
> tractor and loader he had on his truck in the spectator parking. The
> hydrostatic drive was very weak and would barely make it to the
> campsite, after closing a deal on it for $775.00. Worked on it a little
> Friday morning and decided the problem was only worn linkage that didn't
> allow the hydraulic valves to operate properly. I made a little
> adjustment on it and got enough forward drive to drive it around some
> and load itself on the trailer. Have been welding some of the worn
> linkage and about to get it back together again.
>     Another good buy was a Mac 110 chain saw for $1.00. It looks good
> and cranks over with good compression. Haven't put gas in it to get it

	Gene, I would hate to have to compete with you for bargains at
a swap meet. You sure don't waste any time. It's a wonder you got any
sleep at all. grins.  Here I thought Farmer was going to take the prize
because we didn't hear from you but I guess no one can beat the deals
you found this year. I'm glad to hear you all had a good time and got
home OK with your prizes. You sure have the luck of the Irish. ;-)

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson