[AT] Question OT

Michael Miller sweetcorn70 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 20:09:49 PDT 2004

Richard,

   What kind of shape is the fan in?  Does it have the proper shroud and a
TIGHT belt??  are any of the fins in the radiator bent?  Dust, dirt, or
other crap plugging the spaces in the radiator(yes, I know, thats probably
the first thing you checked...just trying to help!).  Do you have an
auxilary cooler on the tranny lines?  Is the radiator the largest available
for that vehicle?  Is the temp gauge bad?  Hoses bad?  Proper radiator cap?

     Does it seem to lack power?  If so then a plugged catalytic converter,
air filter, or possibly improper timing can cause overheating IIRC.

Not sure if any of this will help, and if anyone sees anything that isn't
true please correct me.

Mike