[AT] Portland Swap Meet

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Mon May 10 20:18:34 PDT 2004

	I'm still planning like I'm going to get there but I'm a
little less sure tonight... If I still make it (I hope) I
will probably use a slightly smaller trailer than my tandem.
I'm just not going to have the time to get it ready. Still I
can put a lot in the van and in a single axle trailer. It
may just be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I had hoped to get
there Thursday but things just are not falling in line yet.
When we sold stuff there 2 years ago we got there on Friday
and it seemed like quite a few spaces opened up that had
been occupied earlier in the week. We went to the auction
and brought home almost as much as we took.
	I don't know where all of these dang 12 and 14 hour long
hard days are coming from... Hell, I'm supposed to be
retired...   :-)   We are getting a lot done but my tail is
dragging big time. The 2 new horse stalls in the west barn
are coming into the home stretch (pun intended) and the main
turn out lot is fenced except for a short bit next to the
barn where we may board fence. Got one drive gate to hang
and a walk gate to build and hang.
	The fellow that does my fertilizer and chemical work was
going to spread fertilizer on the corn ground Saturday
evening but the starter in the spreader truck died. He got
it fixed this morning and spread it about noon. I still need
to hit it with the 24' field cultivator before I plant it.
Hooked the planter on the Super MTA this morning and got it
pretty much ready. I had forgotten that we broke a marker
when we finished last year and I had to take it off and weld
it. I sat an auger up tonight to start pulling corn out of
my bigger bin in the morning. It is trying to crust a bit on
top so I have to move it at once.

--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net