[AT] OFF TOPC - we are entering the 21's century - DSL

dglass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Sun May 9 08:27:48 PDT 2004

I wonder why broadband is so expensive there.  Here in small town Ga. is
the cheapest.  $10 month and no installation fees.  Dial up is next at
about $10-$20 and DSL is the most expensive. I had DSL at work and it
was roughly half the speed of the broadband that I have at home. In one
of the neighboring podunct towns broadband is free to homeowners. They
are trying to attract industry.