[AT] Working a tractor at night

dglass dglass at mail.newnanutilities.org
Sat May 8 05:43:11 PDT 2004

You are right Cecil,  there are not as many distractions at night, you
have time to reflect on your life and think about what you have done and
accomplished.  The nostalgic feelings can be aroused sometimes when
operating the tractor anytime.  I have fond memories of tractors going
across vast fields in north Texas with the sun setting behind them. I
have a fondness for the sound of  the Allis WD pulling.  There is
something rhythmical about it.  I own mostly Farmall today, but I can
still recognize the sound of the WD and  find it more soothing than any
other tractor.