[AT] OT - HCEA Show July 16-18 - Sagertown, PA

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Fri May 7 14:18:12 PDT 2004

We go there regularly.

This year it's the HCEA national convention, held different places each year.

The Saegertown show is a good digging show every year, but this one should
be pretty big.
http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/hcea_erie.html

The other big digging show to get to is Brownsville PA, which features a
bunch of
machines that are too big to move, including a steam shovel, so they stay
there permanently.

May 15th & 16th, 2004, (along with the National Pike Festival)
August 13th, 14th and 15th, 2004. (Main show)
http://www.nesys.org/HCEA/Brownsville.html

Note that the 2 shows are about 100 miles apart, so most of the same people
go to both shows.

Dave Merchant

At 04:59 PM 5/7/2004, you wrote:
>Was wondering if any list members are planning to be at the HCEA
>(Historical Construction Equipment Association) show July 16-18 in
>Sagertown, Pennsylvania.
>
>http://www.hcea.net/v02/modules.php?op=modload&name=HCEA_Conventions&file=index
>
>I've been wanting to go to one of these HCEA "play in the dirt with old
>construction equipment" shows for many years, but distance and expense has
>always stopped me before.  But this year I scored a free round trip ticket
>on Southwest, have made my reservations at the Motel 6 in Meadville, and
>plan to be at the show Friday through Sunday.
>

>Richard
>

>Richard & Judy Walker
>Monrovia, CA
>
>richardwalker @ pobox.com