[AT] Portland Swap Meet

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri May 7 08:49:21 PDT 2004

Gene Dotson wrote:

>     The Tri-State Tractor Club will host their annual swap and sale meet all next week at the club grounds nxt to the Jay County
> fairgrounds in Portland, Indiana. The meet starts Monday, May 10 and goes through Sunday, May 16.
>     I will be taking a couple of trailer loads of parts to sell. Have some Terratrac crawler parts and Case tractor parts. Also have
> a 1931 Case "C" to sell.
>     Will be looking for other list membrs there. Will probably have the ATIS banner on the truck.
>
>                             Gene

	Hi Gene:

	I still plan to be there. I think I will get there Thursday
and stay until Sunday. Diana is planning to come up Friday
morning. Thats the plan, of course sometimes plans go stray
off and go bad...  ;-)
	I thought I might pull my tandem trailer with the WUV. I've
never pulled it with the van before but while it will have a
load it will not be like hauling a tractor and I will have a
bunch of stuff in the van and can load a good bit of weight
amidships of the van to keep good weight on the front tires.
I have pulled a single axle trailer with about 60 bales of
hay on it and it handled it just fine.  The tandem is a lot
more stable. I'm only 2 hours away so I'll just take my time
and won't be driving any interstates. I want to use the WUV
so I can toss an air mattress in the back. I hope it doesn't
get as cold as it did two years ago...   :-)
	BTW, if you get any early word on the date of the Portland
work day next year let me know and I'll put it on my
calender. I intended to be there this year but Scott and I
had already made other plans that weekend.

--

"farmer"

My latest list "No Nonsense Horse" (includes donkeys & mules).

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net