[AT] B Allis

Tim Bivens bivenshill at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 13:23:45 PST 2004

And I can't understand why it sounds like you are
describing Champions when you are talking about NGK.
NGK is a much better quality plug than any that have
been mentioned here. Motorcraft is next in quality.
They are what Autolite used to be. Autolites are now
owned by Fram filters and they are of about the same
low grade as their filters. Even AC Delco is not what
they used to be. AC Delco is no longer in the parts
manufacturing business. All of their parts are sourced
out now. We will get one shipment of AC Delco plugs
that are made in Mexico and the next will be made in
France and the same plug number will be in different
quanties and don't even look alike. So if you get AC
Delco plugs make sure they are old stock. Out of all
these plug manufacturers Champion is the lowest
quality in my opinion. An interesting bit of trivia
here is that the "AC" in AC Delco stands for Albert
Champion. Yep he was the founder of both the Champion
and the AC spark plug companies.

Tim Bivens, Glen Rose, Tx.