[AT] Classified advertising

Spencer Yost Spencer.Yost at piedmontsystems.com
Sat Mar 20 13:58:17 PST 2004

The title would be a problem because the ad numbers were reset.   There is no easy way to tie the data in the old file to the records in the new database since the adnumbers don't agree.   However I noticed you 12 records in the classifieds and only 6-8 appeared truncated.  If you renew each record you also have the opportunity to modify the title in the process.  That process shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

I apologize for the truncation but I did a length test when setting up the database at the time I started this project last fall and I created the database fields with lengths set to the maximum values found then.   At any rate, I bumped it up from 30 characters to 40 characters today so going forward you have more characters to work with.

The extra asterisks in the URL were reformatting thing I forgot to clean up.  That has been fixed.

Take care,

Spencer