[AT] an Iowa snowstorm

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Mar 16 17:51:21 PST 2004

I went up to Indy last night for a funeral service at the State house
and was not looking forward to the predicted 4-6 inches of snow they
were going to get over night.  When we (the university choir) were
scheduled to leave the hotel this morning, the weather report was that
there were 4 inches on the ground.  I looked out the window and noticed
that I could see through it all the way to concrete and asphalt with no
problem.  The only place where they ended up with any accumulation was
on grassy areas.  When we headed out of town this afternoon, the reports
were that they HAD received over 6 inches of snow, but there still was
no appreciable accumulation.  By the time we got to Terre Haute, there
was no snow anywhere.

The Henny-Penny's among the weather forecasting set did it to us again.

Larry