[AT] Gathering of the Orange

Michael P. Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 14 18:11:43 PST 2004

On Cecil's camping note, I could probably arrange for some limited
camping space.  I could potentially get one camper in my yard depending
on when my new driveway actually gets done, (maybe more after that).
But I could most likely find another spot or 2 to stuff a camper for a
couple nights.  I live about 30 minutes from the show grounds.  I am not
sure about any real local campgrounds, but do know there is a few nice
hotels in the area.  Not sure what it is about the mud at this show, but
you are guaranteed to have some. :-)  I think I have only been to one
show that didn't have it, and that year it was so dry, dirt was blowing
everywhere!  Good thing though as that year the feature was construction
equipment, and they had a blast with the big dirt pile they were
running.  I generally don't manage to make it to this show until Friday
and Saturday, but I am sure that if I knew people from the list were
going to be there, I might be able to make it sooner.  Website for the
pageant of steam is www.pageantofsteam.org   Also earlier in the week
that same week, (10-12) is Empire Farm Days in Seneca Falls Ny.   I went
there for the first time last year, and it was pretty interesting.  Lots
of new equipment shown there, along with some actually operations
happening.  www.empirefarmdays.com for more info.

Mike