[AT] OK boys, I need help!! OT Computer stuff

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Fri Mar 12 05:23:32 PST 2004

Dead on, Tom! Avoid Windows ME at all costs. Win98 SE is the best of the
Win9x bunch.
If you do decide to go with XP, you can check out your existing peripherals
on the XP compatibility list at Microsoft.com.
A neighbor upgraded her H-P system form Win98 SE to XP and the video went
wierd on her. I checked it against the list, no go. Replaced the video
card with a compatible one and problem solved.

Phil

> The only problem with XP is that if you have a Scanner that attaches to
the parallel port or some cameras you may have to replace them. Check on
the manufactures web site to see if new drivers are avalible.

> The just may not be avaliable. I know Canon dropped support for some of
thier cameras and film scanners.