[AT] Ford parts

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Mar 9 09:30:16 PST 2004

	Our local Ford New Holland dealer stocks lots of parts and
although the prices are right up there, I don't mind paying if I can
walk in and get the part I need. I go there because he is also a Woods
dealer and stocks most parts for Woods mowers. These are nice people
to deal with and I don't think they are gouging. Not yet anyway. ;-)

	The John Deere dealer is a different story. These modern day
banditos don't seem to stock much of anything and you pay the shipping
in addition to the full shot for the parts. I call it highway robbery
and don't go there any more unless absolutely necessary. The nice thing
about modern living is that it doesn't cost any more to call a dealer
clear across the country on my cell phone than it does to call a local
dealer. I figure as long as I am paying the freight and have to wait,
why deal with them when I can deal with someone I like.  Yes, I know
some of you get by with calling for a part and saying you will wait
until it comes in on the supply truck but that doesn't work here. You
still pay the price and have to wait besides.

	The local Allis Chalmers dealer is as bad as the JD dealer
but I don't go there either. I can get parts cheaper from a dealer
near my home town in Minnesota than I can here and I don't get the
crap and whining about parts for old tractors and equipment. I caught
on to him when trying to find parts for an AC belly mount mower for
one of my AC Bs. He told me parts were no longer available. I happened
to be going to the Le Sueur Swap Meet and stopped at the AC dealer in
Spring Valley, MN who had all the parts I needed on the shelf. They
were all new parts and they told me all parts were available for that
mower as far as they knew and had never had trouble getting parts for
them.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson