[AT] Ford parts

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Tue Mar 9 04:57:42 PST 2004

Brett is indeed correct. I was mostly confining my comments to "antique" tractors and machinery and neglected to mention that the early "Japanese" Ford compact diesels do pose a problem with body and running gear parts. We had a 1710 4WD that was rolled (sharp turn with the bucket raised and full of snow!), destroying, among other things, one of the front hub castings. We finaly found one at Wengers <www.wengers.com> (or at least they located it and sold it to us). The problem with the early compacts were 1. the very short runs and 2. frequent changes in design. Engine and driveline parts, however should be available. After New Holland took over, they stabilized the situation, and most parts are available for the later (post 1986 or so) tractors.

Mike