[AT] Allis Chalmers Model G decals

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Tue Mar 9 08:36:33 PST 2004

	I have a good Paslode airless framing nailer that
does a great job with 2 1/2" ring shanks but this
tired old siding is pretty old and weak. Much of it is
warped and or cupped and the nailer just doesn't pull
it down like I can with individual nails. In the worst
areas I am using screws and washers. Much of it just
doesn't have enough left for nailing.
	One of the problems with big old barns is that every
little thing you do cost a good chunk of $$$$. I have
three of them that need serious work. After I get the
siding nailed down I plan to place 1" x 4"s
horizontally on the walls and side over them with
white sheet metal. I'll have to place a supporting
backer behind the first 6' or so to prevent denting
when bumped.
	I'm really dreading those high gables.

"farmer"

My most recent list