[AT] Allis Chalmers Model G decals

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Mar 8 18:13:48 PST 2004

	Thanks to all of you for all the advice. I have decided that if
Wacker answers my email, I will get my decals from them. As most email is
answered the same day or the next morning, I thought I'd try that first.

	I didn't realize it but after reading about putting vinyl decals
on wet, I remembered doing a couple vans and pickups with large decals
back in 1977. Our company was sold on doing them by one of the sign
companies down by New York City and bought all these decals. Some of them
were at least 8 feet long or more and literally went from front to back
on service vans. I was manager of the Cable TV system in Geneva, NY at
the time and got all these decals and an instruction sheet that said to
be careful putting them on because once in place they were there to stay.
I called a good friend of mine who had the local sign company and he told
me to use dish washing detergent and warm water, wait for a warm day, and
run the decals thru the water after wetting down the side of the van. He
told me I could take my time and slide the decals wherever I wanted and
how to squeegee the water and bubbles out of them. It was a helluva job
but by the time I finished the second vehicle, it became easy. There was
really nothing to it. Once those decals dried out completely, they stayed
there until the vehicles were sold some years later. Not one letter ever
came loose or came off. I had a few bubbles underneath them but all it
takes to get rid of the bubbles was to prick them with a pin and then
press the air out.

	So thanks again for all the help. Like I said, I did not realize
this was the way vinyl decals were put on.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson