[AT] new test/lost

Gene Dotson gdotsly at loganrec.com
Mon Mar 8 04:50:05 PST 2004

    Charlie;
    Is the message you are looking for?   Gene

    From Charlie V.

Getting into  modern mechanics (the 90's are pretty modern for
me) I run
into developments strange to me.  Hoping a list member can
explain the
situation.  The subject is a 1995  K2500 Chev.with 350 c.i.d.
It has a
small coolant leak at the heater connection to the top of the
water pump.
No longer a simple hose and clamp, but a coupling of about 1"
hex threaded
onto a nipple from the pump.  This retains an aluminum looking
tube of about
5/8" diameter that carries to the passenger side of the engine,
heading to
the heater. I can see a black rubber liner around the tube,
within the
coupler.  My question is:  does the tube have a flare on the
inner end so I
could tighten down a little on the coupling to stop the leak,
or, if not,
what is the cure.

Thanks in advance to a G.M. person.

Charlie V. in sunny WNY