[AT] Farmall 350/300 More Questions

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Mar 6 16:31:05 PST 2004

I'm not familiar with the workings of the IH TA.  I know it is a little
different than the AC power director clutch.  It is a two stage wet clutch
(clutch packs run in hydraulic oil).
Moving the Power Director leaver to the rear puts it in underdrive (70%) by
engaging one clutch.  Pushing the leaver forward goes to direct via the
other clutch.  It uses a solid shaft running inside a hollow shaft to
transmit the power.  I forget which one goes with which speed.

Charlie