[AT] Farmall 350/300 More Questions

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sat Mar 6 14:42:28 PST 2004

Ralph Goff wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the IH/Farmall TA but I always assumed that they
> incorporated a torque converter into the drive train , much like
> Case-o-matic?
No, Ralph, there is no torque converter as far as I know. But I am at a
loss to explain how it engages without the use of the main clutch. I am
sure that there are some on the list who have gone through their TAs and
can tell you more. The ones on my 340 and 706 work(ed) flawlessly, but
the one on my 560 seems to either be defunct or out of adjustment. I
bought the 560 at a good price because of the lack of working TA, so it
is no great loss at the moment. I tried adjusting it as per the manual
to no avail, but I have a feeling that need to spend some time with it
when the weather improves to see if further adjustments might be more
successful.

Mike