[AT] Tractor treatment ramble - (was) No tractor talk this morning

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 6 11:56:01 PST 2004

I didn't  get to look at the Fergy on ebay yet but I can imagine , having
seen some prime examples of neglect and abuse of machinery showing up at
auction sales.
When it comes to paint, I ususally prefer to see original paint with a few
scratches and faded rather than a shiny new paint job covering up the
results of who knows how many years of sitting outside (or in a bird
infested barn).
I can't guess how much money and time I have spent on turtle wax and cleaner
making old tractors look newer. That was the first thing I worked on when we
got the 730 Case back in 73. Same with the 930 a few years later. I
literally put the "gloss" back in the Desert Sunset paint.
The Cockshutts have all seen several "brush on" paint jobs. The 40 had very
little paint left on it when Dad bought it in 67 . I guess 14 years sitting
outside had worn off most of the original red. The 50 had been re-painted
when he bought it. I'd say they are both about ready for the next paint job.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html