[AT] Re: OT-- Roadranger transmission Followup

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 04:53:29 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/3/2004 1:23:02 AM Central Standard Time,
misterk at bentonrea.com writes:

> Glad you got it shifting right Cecil.   So you think maybe the air holes
> in the shifter housing were misaligned or was there a problem with the
> piston?
> So just how slow is first gear?  Is it slower than first gear in a
> regular truck 4 speed?
> Kent

I think they had so much red silicone sealant around the housing that it had
closed off the air holes.  It is about 1/3 the speed of a granny gear in a 4
spd truck.  Sorta makes sense since it is a 13 spd  Huh!!!!!????  You almost
have to drive a stake in the ground to tell it is moving...

 I LOVE IT !!!!!!  I am really going to enjoy this one....  Just wish I could
afford fuel..

Cecil