[AT] How about Tractors.

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Mar 3 04:20:04 PST 2004

> Saturday the weather was great at about 62 degrees.  After working on several project around the barn we decided to check the sorghum field to see how wet it was.  To our surprise it wasn't too bad.  I was on the Ford 600 with the bush hog attached so I started cutting the field to chop up the weeds.  Dad was on the Farmall H and hooked up to the disk and went over the field once.  Then we decided to hook up the plow and see about plowing it.  We used the Farmall H and a Little Genius  2 bottom plow.  In spots it was a little too wet and the tractor with no weight in the tires spun.  So we hooked a chain from the Ford 600 to the front of the H and finished plowing the field with the tractors hooked together.  Last year the Spring was so wet we never got our sorghum seed planted.  It's only about an half-acre field so it wasn't too bug an effort but it was fun.

	Keith, my father tried growing sorghum a few years on our farm in
southern Minnesota. It was in the early 1940s and he had the idea that
adding sorghum to his ensilage would make good cattle feed. I don't think
it worked out too well as he only tried it a couple years. I have an idea
the sorghum was ready for harvest too long before it was time to fill the
silo. I remember going out into the field with my brothers and cutting
chunks of it with our pocket knives to suck on for the sugar in it. Very
sweet if I remember correctly.

	Your friend did a great job restoring that sorghum mill. Thanks
for posting the link to it.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson