[AT] OT - Harbor Freight sliding miter saw update

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 1 13:54:21 PST 2004

Its interesting reading about the Harbour Freight tools here. Not available
in Canada as far as I know but I think our Princess Auto might be a similar
type of store. Its got a real variety of shop tools and all kinds of other
hardware and automotive products.
I had gotten pretty tired of trying to drill 5/8 holes in quarter inch steel
with the old hand drill with a dull bit and finishing it off to 3/4 dia.
with a rat tail file. I'd been watching this floor model drill press on sale
for a while now at Princess Auto and finally it dropped another $20 which
was all the incentive I needed. The stores only an hours drive away . Of
course I had to pick up a set of the bigger bits to go with it . From 1/2
inch to 1 inch dia. Its sure been a great addition to the shop as I've made
good use of it already. Its probably built in China too for all I know but
everything seems to work fine.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html