[AT] OT - Harbor Freight sliding miter saw update

CWI47 at comcast.net CWI47 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 11:57:10 PST 2004

I purchased their $99 free ship 10" double ended 2HP grinder and have
nothing but praise.  I put heavy duty cord on before plugging in.  It is
quieter than my Delta 6"-(has had noisy armature/bushing/bearings since day
one), Very High Torque, I can really reef into grinding or polishing and
equivalent pricing on US was over $300.  I have Delta Sliding 10" Compound
Sidekick and at business Wholesale with stand paid $399.  If it was a
sometimes item I'd purchase from them.  Kinda like a Detroit Car Mon or Fri
??? Tues-Wed-Thur  usually super fit and finish.  I'd say US made has 5-10%
failure rate on tools and China tools 20-25% but when exchanged for working
seems to stand up.  I would I think require them to plug in and run the next
one before ya take it home:-} lotsa luck hope ya do well.  Charlie remember
what I said about the lower i.e.HD cord.  We were selling the 4.5" hand
grinders and having a 65% failure rate started putting $1 heavy duty cord
and failure rate dropped below 5%.  Little more up front trouble but really
lower later and when dealers started seeing pieces go out and not come back
we doubled,tripled sales.
John Cable
In Lower Slower Western Michigan
Grand Rapids, MI