[AT] Asking for help -- Tractor Pull Game

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Sun Mar 28 06:46:55 PST 2004

The tractor pull game is beginning to shape up. I thought it might be a good
idea to ask what tractors and venues some of you guys would like to see
added to the game.

Currently this is what I have in the game:

Make/Model/HP/Tire Size/Weight
"Allis Chalmers      ","B    ",23,24,2250
"Allis Chalmers      ","CA   ",25,24,2850
"Farmall             ","A    ",19,24,1870
"John Deere          ","H    ",14,32,3000
"Farmall             ","C    ",20,36,2800
"Ford                ","9N   ",23,32,3375
"Massey Harris       ","22   ",27,32,2900
"Massey Harris       ","Pony ",11,24,1890
"Allis Chalmers      ","WF   ",30,28,3510
"Farmall             ","H    ",24,38,3725

Venue/City/State/purse(I make these numbers up)
"Old Fashioned Days       ","Arcanum        ","OH",300
"Farm Power Of The Past   ","Greenville     ","OH",400
"Ft Recovery Pull Off     ","Ft Recovery    ","OH",850
"Brookville Fun Pull      ","Brookville     ","IN",200
"ST Josephs Ox Roast Fair ","Mantua         ","OH",900
"Wayne County Pull        ","Richmond       ","IN",550

The lightest tractor the game will recognize is 1500 pounds the heaviest
6500 pounds. However adding in a 1500 pound tractor doesn't make much since
as it would never be able to win as it would be in the same class as the
Allis B which weighs 2250(in this game anyway lol[see NOTE below])so a 1500
pound tractor with 500 pounds of ballast still puts it under the base weight
of the B. The formula I came up with for the game is based off of weight,
basically the more it weighs the further it goes. Yeah its really really
really crude, but appears to work for the most part. Another thing I did was
use the BELT HP instead of the Drawbar HP just to make the numbers sound a
shade more impressive. I am sure I have some of the numbers wrong if anyone
wants them fixed let me know what they should be I will try and fix it.

I would like at this point to see around 20-25 tractors in the game and
about the same ammount of Venues. I will have to work on the code before
adding more because right now it can only show 1 screen of data if I had too
many, you wouldn't know what the options were at the top of the list.

-- >> NOTE: I got the data from various books around here
I beleive I got the AC B(ce engine) weight from Terry Deans AC databook
which I don't think is overly accurate since it lists the AC RC weight as
4005lbs and the AC WC as 3300lbs

---