[AT] Nice day

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Fri Mar 26 19:33:38 PST 2004

There are lots of "artifacts" on this farm too.  I've found my share of
arrow heads, but don't find as many now that the cow paths have grown over.

I find the old marks from roads and trails interesting.  The roads make
sense to where the old homesteads were located, but some of the trails are a
mystery.  One trail cuts on a diagonal down a wooded hillside.  The only
thing I can guess is that it was the trail to the one-room school that is
just off the other side of the property.  It would have cut quite a bit off
those kids trip to walk or ride horses there rather than follow the old
road.

There is also a very old tree that is bent like the crooked part of a 4.
I've seen pictures of trees the indians bent that way for trail markers.
It's possible, but who knows.  I'm along the Missouri river.  Along
hilltops, about every 4-5 miles, are indian mounds.  We don't have any, but
there are lots around.