[AT] "Clipped wing" or "narrow cut" plow shares

Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Mar 26 18:16:11 PST 2004

	As I recall you do not want to use clipped wing shares when plowing
down sod that has a lot of deep tap rooted stuff like some of the
clovers. Sometimes they left an uncut edge if the plow ran a little to
the left.
	This has triggered memories of fields of sweet clover that were plowed
then rained on heavy. They started looking like giant porcupines with
all of those tap roots sticking up.  :-)
	We used to plow down a lot of cereal rye. It was usually planted in
late August by plane. If it got a head start it was very often much
taller than the tractor when plowed down. It would just lay forward and
roll under. It sure put a bazillion little roots in the ground.
--

"farmer"

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net