[AT] Implement collecting - Alert

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 22 13:40:15 PST 2004

I stopped at a few antique tractor salvage yards on my trip. I observed a
very bad thing for collectors. The salvage yards are starting to sell their
excess iron/steel to the metal salvage firms. I believe one told me he was
getting $120 a ton. Guess what he had gotten rid of since I last stopped in.
Several antique tractor plows. :-(

We collectors are going to be very sorry we didn't gather up these old
implements as they are disappearing fast. Repair parts are really getting
hard to find too. Tractors don't have much value w/o implements to use with
them.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

CRS = Having a Photographic Memory but a shortage of unused film.

www.deerelegacy.com