[AT] Crop Dusting

Robert Brooks rbrooks at hvc.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 13:55:40 PST 2004

Charlie

When I was about 12 I got to ride in an old Stearman crop duster in upstate
NY .

The pilot was a family friend and offered to take me and my cousin up while
he was working.

Boy was that fun. It's funny how quick the trees at the end of a field can
come up.

He didn't offer to let us fly it, but we both got up over an hour.

The only flying I've done has been in modern Cessna's 172's and 210's.  And
a Bonanza low wing, I forget the model, but it was when the pilot offered
to let me take the controls after we were already up. I guess I did ok, I
didn't get the controls taken away immediately.  ;)

I also got a ride in a small stunt plane, that was really something, and
the gal took it easy on me.  ;)

I've always wanted to get a pilot's licence but so far have not gotten a
round to it.

Bob