[AT] an Iowa snowstorm

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 17 08:51:58 PST 2004

I've never been off the ground myself Charlie but I've always considered
crop dusting to be a high risk occupation. I don't know how the statistics
add up but I've heard of a good number of crashes involving power lines and
crop spraying planes. This immediate area has underground power lines but
many do not and these are a real hazard to the little yellow planes spraying
the fields. Not to mention the frequent exposure to toxic chemicals and
pesticides.
Of course the same statistics rate farming right up there in the list of
high risk occupations too.

Ralph in Sask.
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/latestpage.html