[AT] My Tractor Pull Game *Update*

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Wed Mar 17 06:15:40 PST 2004

Thanks to everyone for their great comments. I will continue to add features
to the game as time and knowledge present itself. Them graphics are
confuseing for my simpleton mind. I will try and figure out how to make them
better.

I should have commented, there are 10 tractors currently availible in the
game. you will notice that you begin the game with $500, you need to first
buy a tractor. Then go on to pulling'. After winning a time or two you will
have enough money to go buy a more expensive tractor, it only allows you to
buy what you can afford. Currently you can only own 1 tractor at a time. You
will also notice there is 6 different venues to pull at. These are randomly
selected so that you can't just pick the one that gives you the most money
each time. BTW it doesn't matter what class you pull in you will only win
what the pull is worth, ie: bigger tractor doesn't mean more money(at least
not yet).

Ya'll should have seen the very crude first version. It was nothing more
than a prompt asking for horsepower, weight, and tire size, it then
calculated your distance and that was it, no graphics at all. But mainly
this was to test and retest the formula I came up with.

Larry when I began this project I knew nothing of how to program. I just had
a for dummies book that tought me some of the commands I needed and I
followed a lot of the examples in the book to learn how stuff worked. The
program is written in qbasic for DOS, which is a very simple language but it
is also pretty limiting.

As for the Greenville show, I will probably only be able to be there on
Friday, got to work the weekend that weekend.

Thanks again for the input,
Dave Laughead