[AT] Broadcast/frost seeding clover?

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Mar 15 19:01:31 PST 2004

Carl,  I have never broadcast clover but I assume it is a pretty small seed.
And I assume you are talking about a pto type seeder that slings the seed
centrifugally? (sp)

One technique that works is to mix the seed with pelletized fertilizer or
sand or some other similar medium to carry the seed.  That way you can turn
your seeder up higher and get even coverage.  We used to do this with
tobacco seed even when we were hand seeding them on the tobacco beds.
Tobacco seeds are about the size of ground pepper or thissle and getting
them spread evenly on the seed bed is absolutely necessary.

Charlie