[AT] So you think you've got a tough restoration?

Guy Fay fayguyma at execpc.com
Mon Mar 15 12:08:10 PST 2004

There's actually a bunch of older parts mixed into the newer stuff-
you have to be able to tell the difference in the color of the rust
(the older rust is darker than the newer stuff). The engines were
original, as was most of the frames. The transmisions were where
things got sticky, the transmission frames and some of the gearing
were new.

> Maybe I didn't read carefully enough but it was hard to tell how
much, if
> any, of the parts were from orriginal tractors.  It looks almost as
thought
> they built the whole things from the ground up.   A huge undertaking
if they
> did but I fail to see the point.  Or at least I wouldn't call it a
> restoration if that is what they did.
>
> Guy do you know of any pictures of the orriginal tractors they
started the
> project from?  Don't get me wrong.  They did a heck of a job but to
me it
> looks a lot like Farmers great grandfathers hammer.  The head has
been
> replaced once and the handle twice.
>
> Charlie

CoreComm Webmail.